Thursday, July 30, 2009

Inky Impressions 2nd Design Team Call



Inky Impressions Rubber Stamps is having their 2nd Design Team Call. All submissions are due by August 3rd, 2009. My submissions are above. The first is a card made with an Inky Impressions LiLi's secret stamp. I stamped the girl on canvas, then colored her in using Coptic markers. After that I sewed her into a little doll and put a magnet on her back. Another magnet was hidden between the layers of the card so that it is not visible, but the doll sticks to the front of the card. The doll then becomes a very cute refrigerator magnet.
My second submission is an altered project I did about a year ago that turned out fabulous. I painted an old small dresser with wicker white paint, then I covered the fronts of the drawers with Basic Grey papers. I then cut squares of the same papers and glued them to the top, making a kind of faux inlay tile look. To finish it off I stamped a few Basic Grey images on the papers for added depth. I love it and it is proudly displayed in my hallway near the entrance to my house.
There are so many fabulous ways you can use rubber stamps that are often overlooked. You can use them for cards, scrapbooking, home dec items and even on fabric or as little added elements to journal pages or paintings.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice creations!! Your Inky Impressions card/magnet is so creative. Thank you for applying to be on the Inky Impressions Design Team. Best of luck!! >:0)

    ReplyDelete